This blog is designed to gauge how green our wheels are... for instance, how much gas has my guzzler guzzled, how my driving pattern has evolved as the gas prices have risen..
I do very little extraneous driving. To work, to school, and home. I'm like a farm animal with a well worn path leading home to the feed trough. I really should drive to take the bus to work once a week, but it would add about one and a half hours to my commute every day, and I am too lazy. I gas up the car every two weeks, and that lasts me. It costs a lot more than it used to.
I try to walk or take the bus when I do errands around my city. But I always take my car to school and work. That way, I can come and go on my own schedule. I know there are at least a couple people who live near-ish to me that I could carpool with for school. But I like my independence. I know carpooling is the right thing to do, though. Plus, my car takes PREMIUM gas!
Well said Sara, "like a farm animal"! In my current position at work, I can sacrifice a little for a bit, then establish a path that is freeway near and close to places I need to be. It does not always pan out, but for now it will suffice. No more driving my Jeep, gas guzzler.. 4 cylinder is dusted off and back on the road, I just gave it a wash too!
I do very little extraneous driving. To work, to school, and home. I'm like a farm animal with a well worn path leading home to the feed trough. I really should drive to take the bus to work once a week, but it would add about one and a half hours to my commute every day, and I am too lazy. I gas up the car every two weeks, and that lasts me. It costs a lot more than it used to.
ReplyDeleteI try to walk or take the bus when I do errands around my city. But I always take my car to school and work. That way, I can come and go on my own schedule. I know there are at least a couple people who live near-ish to me that I could carpool with for school. But I like my independence. I know carpooling is the right thing to do, though. Plus, my car takes PREMIUM gas!
ReplyDeleteWell said Sara, "like a farm animal"! In my current position at work, I can sacrifice a little for a bit, then establish a path that is freeway near and close to places I need to be. It does not always pan out, but for now it will suffice. No more driving my Jeep, gas guzzler.. 4 cylinder is dusted off and back on the road, I just gave it a wash too!
ReplyDelete